The Department of Internal Medicine is committed to delivering patient care of the highest quality and offers a wide scope of medical services from acute to chronic ailments. The Department provides comprehensive primary care through management of chronic diseases, as well as preventive health care and routine physical examination.
It is the oldest form of medical care provision ranging from the treatment of children to the elderly for:
- General family care including adult male and female care
- Preventive care and screening of females (such as mammograms and pap smears)
- Annual checks and metabolic disease screenings
- Treatment of acute illnesses like colds, headaches, migraines, muscle and back pain, rashes and skin diseases
- Depression and anxiety, phobias, sleep disorders, as well as weight issues
- Treatment and follow up of Thyroid problems, Diabetes, Hypertension
- Management of high Cholesterol and heart disorders
- General pediatric issues like fever, rashes, viral illnesses, growth disorders
- Family planning and contraceptive advise
- Old age prolonged care and multiple medication correction
The Department also offers expert management and follow up for Diabetes Mellitus (during pregnancy and gestational as well), Obesity, Thyroid, and other chronic diseases like Hypertension, Hypercholesterolaemia, etc.