Before, during, and after your visit to Universal Hospital
Before your visit:
Our international patient care officer will ensure that:
• An appointment has been scheduled with the relevant physician
• You (patient) have booked a return flight to Abu Dhabi in co-ordination with your Treating Doctor to ensure he/she is aware of your impending visit and they are adequately prepared to receive and treat you here.
• Ensure that you (patient) have applied for and received the relevant visa. Visa assistance can be provided by our international patient care officer if you are unsure which visa is required.
• Ground transportation from the airport to the hospital has been arranged
• A hotel reservation has been made (if needed).
• An estimate of the cost of your treatment has been provided to you; so you can come with the relevant cash arrangements
As a self-paying patient, we will give you an estimate of what your medical care will cost before you have your first appointment, or are admitted to Universal Hospital
• The estimate will include all of the procedures and services you will receive
• The estimate will not include any incidental charges such as hotel, transportation, and phone calls
• If additional treatment is needed that was not included in the estimate, you may need to arrange for additional payment prior to receiving those services
• Full payment, based on the estimate, is required before any medical service can be rendered
• Payment may be made in UAE Dirham (AED)/US Dollars. You may use Cash, or Visa/Mastercard/American Express.
• Pre-payment in full may include reserving the estimated amount on your credit card. This is required when you register, and prior to your appointments
• Your final bill cannot be calculated until after your treatment at Universal Hospital
• Your final bill may vary substantially from the estimate you received, based on any changes in your medical treatment
During your visit:
Our International Patient Care Office will ensure that once you arrive at the hospital:
• That you are introduced to your personal International Patient Care Officer who will assist with registering and navigating you through Universal Hospital during your entire stay.
• Provide language guidance and introduce you to your interpreter (if needed)
• Confirm your financial arrangements to ensure your bill can be met based on the estimate we gave you
• Connect your family with Skype or any other form of contact, so they are aware of what stage of treatment you are in and ensure they are kept abreast of all updated during your stay
• Assist with scheduling of any hotels or sightseeing you may wish to undertake in the UAE post treatment
• Answer any questions you may have
After your final appointment you can expect the following from the International Patient Care Office:
• Arrange for you to meet with a Financial Counselor at which time we will determine the status of your account
• Start the scheduling process for any necessary return visits
• Arrange for a car to take you to the airport
• Help you obtain copies of your medical records
• Ensure you are kept comfortable in the hospital until we feel you are ready to fly back home
• Assist you with prescription requests
• Facilitate further communication with your doctors
• Help you with online access to a doctor so you can track your care from home for up to three (3) months post operation
If English is not your main language, we can provide interpreters to converse in your language and that can relay this information back to your doctor quickly and easily.
Our International Patient Care Officer can help you make your travel arrangements into the UAE.
• Airports: There is one international airport in Abu Dhabi (AUH) and two international airports in Dubai (DXB and DWC).
• Currency: The UAE Dirhams (AED) is the currency that is used in the UAE.
• Visa: You will need to get a travel visa before arriving in the UAE depending on the passport you hold. Please contact our team and they will check if you need a visa and if so which one and how to apply for it.
Sight-seeing if medically allowed – Depending on the severity of the treatment, we can arrange an agenda for the patient to see the sights of Abu Dhabi / Dubai (i.e. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, etc).
We hope you have found all the information you need in order for you to receive the medical treatment we believe you deserve from the best health care provider in the UAE.
We aim to:
• Provide quality service and patient safety
• Assure a holistic approach to healing
• Encourage evidence-based treatment
• Commit to the ultimate well-being for all
This is the pledge of our dedicated clinical and non-clinical teams, and this we will uphold for a Lifetime of Wellness.
International Patient Care Office
Old Airport Road, Abu Dhabi, UAE
P.O. Box: 5056
Toll Free (UAE): 800 555 555
Tel: +971 2 599 9555
Fax: +971 2 643 6666