The Department of Aviation and Aerospace Medicine at Universal Hospital provides a unique service for Aircrew, Cabin Crew and Air Traffic Controllers as well as passengers.
We provide the following services:
• GCAA (UAE) Medical Examinations o Renewal Class I Medical Examination for Pilots(CPL/MCPL/ATPL) o Renewal Class III Medical Examination for Air Traffic Controllers o Initial and Renewal Class II Medical Examination for Pilots with SPL / PPL/ Balloon Pilots and Flight Engineers o Initial and Renewal of Medical Examination for Cabin Crew
• Medical Examination for issue of CASA Australia Aircrew Medical Certificates: o Initial Issue and Renewal Class I Medical Examination for Pilots(CPL / MCPL / ATPL / Flt Engr Licence o Initial and Renewal Class II Medical Examination for Private Pilot Licence(PPL) / Student Pilots Licence(SPL) o Initial and Renewal Class III Medical Examination for Air Traffic Controllers(ATC) and Flight Info Service Offrs
• Aviation Medicine Consultation for the following o Aircrew o Cabin Crew o Air Traffic Controllers
• Passengers requiring Medical Clearance to fly
• Travel related consultation for patients o Travel to various countries and vaccination requirements and precautions to take o Diabetics o Travel clearance after procedures and surgery o Aircrew
• Our experienced Aviation Medicine Specialist can offer you expert advice on a whole range of aviation and travel related issues The Department of Gastro-Intestinal Surgery has experienced and well qualified surgeons who are well known in their field for complex and difficult surgeries.
In addition to surgeries for various Gastrointestinal Disorders they also offer Bariatric Surgery as a mode of weight control for Obese Individuals where all other weight loss measures have failed.
As per WHO obesity or increased BMI is a major risk factor for noncommunicable diseases such as: cardiovascular diseases (mainly heart disease and stroke), which were the leading cause of death in 2012; diabetes; musculoskeletal disorders (especially osteoarthritis - a highly disabling degenerative disease of the joints) some cancers (including endometrial, breast, ovarian, prostate, liver, gallbladder, kidney, and colon).
Childhood obesity is associated with a higher chance of obesity, premature death and disability in adulthood. But in addition to increased future risks, obese children experience breathing difficulties, increased risk of fractures, hypertension, early markers of cardiovascular disease, insulin resistance and psychological effects.
Obesity is worldwide pandemic that is growing due to changes in our lifestyles.
Our GI Surgeons offer customized surgeries for obesity to suit the individual requirement where all other weight loss measures have failed, along with pre and post operation counselling, for:
Treatment of Obesity (Bariatric Surgery):
. Gastric banding
. Sleeve Gastrectomy
. Gastric bypass
. Intragastric balloon (endoscopic surgery)
Gastrointestinal and Laparoscopic surgery:
. Fundoplication for gastroesophageal reflux disease(GERD)
. Achalasia Cardia
. Biliary tract Surgery
. Gastric and colonic Surgery
. Abdominal wall hernia repair
. Diagnostic Laparoscopy
. Laparoscopic Peritoneal Adhesiolysis
. Colonic and small bowel Surgery
. Hepato-pancreatic surgery (including Whipple's Surgery)
. Removal of gall bladder (Cholecystectomy)
. Rectal surgery (including Anal prolapse, Fistula-in-ano, Anal fissure, haemorrhoidectomy)