- Completed post graduate Medical or Surgical training in Trauma &
Orthopaedics from PGIMER, CHANDIGARH, INDIA in year 2000.
- A Member of Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK -2003.
- Elbow Research fellow, Imperial College London, UK - 2003/2004.
- Shoulder & Elbow Research fellow, Columbia University Medical
centre, NY, USA. - 2004/2005.
- Elbow & Shoulder Research fellow, Mayo Clinic, RO, MN, USA - 2005.
- Working as Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon at APOLLO HEALTH
CITY, Hyderabad since 2013 with special interests in shoulder,
elbow, arthroscopy & sports related injuries.
- first one to perform a MODULAR TOTAL SHOULDER JOINT
REPLACEMENT in South India (2006/7).
- My special Interest is in the field of shoulder surgery are– both joint replacements, key
hole surgery of the joints (arthroplasty as well as arthroscopy).
- The joint replacements of HIP, KNEE, SHOULDER & ELBOW and arthroscopies of
Shoulder, knee, elbow, wrist & ankle are the procedures where I have major
- I have special experience in REVERSE TOTAL SHOULDER JOINT REPLACEMENT.
- I am recognized as part of the DNB teaching faculty at the Institution where I am
currently working (APOLLO HEALTH CITY, HYD).
- I am the sports medicine doctor / orthopaedic surgeon / Team physician for
GOPICHAND BADMINTON ACADEMY , HYD.
- I served as national faculty for INDIAN ARTRHOSCOPY ASSOCIATION &
SHOULDER ELBOW SOCIETY OF INDIA.
- I am currently a reviewer for JOURNAL OF ARTRHOSCOPY & RELATED
SUREGRY, JOURNAL OF SHOULDER & ELBOW SURGERY.
- I have reported new autograft sources (TRICEPS CENTRAL TENDON for elbow
ligament surgery, SHORT HEAD BICEPS TENDON for shoulder instability) and
developed a new technique of “Subscapularis foot print osteotomy in shoulder joint
reconstruction in open surgery”.
- I differ in treatment protocols when compared to my contemporaries in
knee arthroplasty (I don’t use tourniquet or drain post-op and I use TED
stockings, per-op Tranexamic acid INJ. & post-op ANTI DVT inj.
Routinely); in Shoulder arthroscopy ( I don’t use PUMP/ CANNULAS) & I
do them in lateral traction position; knee arthroscopies – I am specialized
in DEVICE LESS meniscal repairs, INSIDE-OUT meniscal suturing, BOTH
SIDES Aperture fixation for ACLs & PCLs using bio-composite absorbable
- Credited for triple window technique of exposure for distal humeral
fractures and for TOTAL ELBOW REPLACEMENT.
- Pioneered in TWO PORTAL technique for antero-inferior shoulder
instability arthroscopic surgery.
-I use Patient centric REHAB protocols using CRYOTHERAPY especially
for arthroscopic elbow contracture release.
- I am pioneered in DRX 9000 / 9000C true spinal non-surgical
decompression of lumbar / cervical spine – disc disorders.
- My source markets for sports related injuries are sports centres, sports
academies, specifc sport training camps.
- My specific shoulder & elbow opd pool comes from media talk (ETV –
- My pool of joint repalcements patients come from Apollo walk-in
INTERNATIONAL patients from MIDDLE EAST, EAST AND
SOUTHERN AFRICAN COUNTIRES (visit MOZAMBIQUE,
CAMEROON, FIJI, PAPUA NEW GUINEA islands as an APOLLO
- My source doctors are neurologists, endocrinologists, rheumatologists -
in particular for shoulder.
- I am available to participate in CME’s, Medical consultation camp, OPD
Clinics and Media interactions
List of procedures I specialize in are:
List of procedures I specialize in are:
- Total shoulder replacement.
- Reverse shoulder replacement.
- Arthroscopic Bankart’s repair / instability repair.
- arthroscopic shoulder & elbow contracture release.
- arthroscopic rotator cuff repair.
- Total ebow replacement.
- Arthroscopic ACL / PCL / LCL recon.
- Arthroscopic meniscal repair.
- Primary total and revision Hip & Knee replacements.
- CTEV release for clubfoot in children.
- Information for brochures and Patient Information
Leaflets in the doctor’s specialization.
- SHOULDER SUREGRY SPECIALIST.
- SPORTS INJURIES SPECIALIST.
- SPECIALIST FOR ELBOW INJURIES & DISORDERS.
- HIP & KNEE REPALCEMENT SUREGON.
- HAND SURGERY SPECIALIST