How do I make an Appointment at Universal Hospital?
Simply call us at +971.2.599.9555 or you can request an appointment online at www.universalhospitals.com. On your first visit, the Receptionist will require your personal details and/or see your Emirates ID. Kindly comply and confirm your appointment. If, for any reason, you are unable to keep your appointment, please inform us at the earliest so that another patient may take your slot.
What would be required at the time of hospitalization?
Most inpatients are pre-admitted to the Hospital or admitted through the Emergency Room. We try to assign a room of your choice and eligibility. Every effort will be made to fulfill your request(s). During your Inpatient visit, if you have any complaints, comments, or suggestions, please call our Quality Department or ask the Nurses for a Feedback Form.
When you arrive for hospitalization, please bring your:
- Personal hygiene items, comfortable clothing for your arrival and discharge, along with toiletries and any other personal items you may require during your stay
- Valid Insurance Card
- All medication you are currently taking in their original packaging, including the dosage and directions
What should I check at the time of discharge?
- Have I clearly understood the Doctor’s discharge instructions?
- Have I been instructed by the clinical dietician on any special diets to follow?
- Would there be any limitations to my daily activities?
- Do I need to take any medication after discharge? Are there any side effects?
- Do I need to take any post-hospital care (physical therapy or treatment)?
- Would any follow-up appointment with the doctor be required?
- Have I collected all my belongings?
Is there any parking facility?
Valet parking is available for all our guests and visitors. There are 3 floors of basement parking below Wellness Tower A, absolutely free of cost. Handicap Parking is located both at the Emergency and the main entrance of the same block.
Paid parking space is also available with Mawaqif between Wellness Towers A and B, as well as at the back of Wellness Tower B.
What are the visiting hours?
We believe families are an integral part of the healing process of our guests. Our goal is to meet the needs of all our guests by welcoming the presence of families and friends during their Hospital stay. They also have the right to choose who may or may not visit them during their stay. Children are welcome to visit; however, they must be in the company of a parent or guardian at all times for their own safety. For the well-being of our guests and staff, children and adults exposed to or having symptoms of any (contagious) illness such as the Flu, cold, fever, etc. are requested not to make any visits in the wards.
The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) has special facilities for the observation and care of critically ill patients, because of which some necessary restrictions may apply, such as:
- Please do not bring any consumable item inside the ICU
- Please keep your cell phones on silent inside the ICU and attend to the calls outside in the lobby area
- You may be asked to display the ICU Pass at the time of entry/exit
- Visits are limited to only one person at a time
- Admission for a child below 3 years of age does not require a Pass; they should be accompanied by an adult
General Visiting Hours: Open at all hours; however, visitors are discouraged to disturb the patients after 10:00 pm.
ICU Visiting Hours: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm and 05:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
How can I give feedback for the Hospital services?
At any point during your clinical interaction with us, you may receive a customer feedback form. Kindly spare a few minutes of your time to complete the confidential survey and return it to the Hospital. You can also chose to fill the form yourself from the Suggestion boxes near the reception areas on all floors. Your honest appraisal will help us improve our services so that we may continue to provide excellent care to our patients.
What else can I expect at the Hospital premises?
With a view to promote a friendly atmosphere, Universal Hospital offers a cozy Cafeteria called Wings Universal Café located on the ground floor of Wellness Tower A. It is open from 09:00 am – 10:00 pm on all days of the week, with a fantastic array of snacks, appetizers, shakes, ice creams, and of course, tea and coffee. There is also a Kid’s Play Area on the 4th floor of the same Wellness Tower, along with the Department of Pediatrics. During special occasions and camps, we often organize free health checkups on the 1st flower of Wellness Tower B. If you wish to receive SMS notifications for such health camps, please feel free to call us. Finally, we have two spacious and well-stocked Pharmacies located at the ground floor of each Wellness Tower.
If you wish to say something with flowers, do visit the Flower Shop located on the ground floor of Wellness Tower A between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, open on all days, and offer free delivery anywhere within the Hospital premises. Kindly note that due to health related restrictions, flowers are not allowed inside the ICU and observation rooms.