The Department of Rheumatology deals with Rheumatic Diseases and Musculoskeletal Disorders (such as Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, back pain, etc). Universal Hospital provides comprehensive and personalized care for those suffering from these conditions.
Some of the Rheumatic Diseases treated here include:
- Systemic Connective Tissue Diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Systemic Sclerosis, Inflammatory Muscle Diseases (Polymyositis and Dermatomyositis), Sjogren’s Syndrome, PMR (Polymyalgia Rheumatica), Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome, etc.
- Seronegative Spondyloarthropathies such as Ankylosing Spondylitis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Reactive Arthritis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease associated Arthropathies, etc.
- Vasculitides such as Giant Cell or Temporal Arteritis, Takayasu’s Arteritis, Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (formerly Wegener’s Granulomatosis), Churg-Strauss Vasculitis, Hypersensitivity Vasculitis, Polyarteritis Nodosa, etc.
- Bone and Cartilage Disorders such as Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Osteonecrosis, etc.
- Nonarticular and regional musculoskeletal disorders such as Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Neck and Low Back Pain, CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome), Entrapment Neuropathies (such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome), etc.
- Arthritis associated with metabolic disease such as Gout, Pseudogout, etc.
- Arthritis associated with infectious agents such as Septic Arthritis, Viral Arthritis, etc.
- Arthritis associated with Cancers, Endocrine, Hematologic Diseases, etc.
- Other diseases such as Sarcoidosis, Raynaud’s Phenomenon or Syndrome, Autoimmune Eye and Ear Disorders, Hereditary Hemochromatosis, etc.